At EOS Sleep, Dr. Volpi offers balloon sinuplasty as an effective sleep apnea and snoring treatment option for patients in New York City. If you are interested in learning more about the procedure and wish to determine whether you are a candidate, dial 212.873.6036 today to schedule your consultation!
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon Sinuplasty is minimally-invasive sleep apnea and snoring procedure that opens blocked sinus cavities and relieves the pain and pressure associated with chronic sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus lining). This in-office procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes and can be performed using local anesthesia.
What Conditions Does Balloon Sinuplasty Treat?
The Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
During the balloon sinuplasty procedure, skilled ENT doctors with eos sleep open the blocked sinus cavities using the following steps:
- Guide a wire catheter and a small, flexible balloon into the inflamed sinus
- Slowly inflate the balloon to expand the sinus opening
- Spray saline into the affected area to flush out trapped mucus and pus
- Remove the system, leaving the nasal passage open and restoring normal sinus drainage
The procedure does not use any cutting and preserves the original anatomy and mucosal tissue making recovery time minimal. Patients can expect to return to normal activities shortly after the procedure.
Benefits of undergoing balloon sinuplasty surgery include:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Local anesthetic used to manage discomfort
- Safe, gentle and highly effective
- Continued relief from nasal airway obstruction
- No bone or tissue removed, in contrast with traditional sinus surgery
- Fast and easy recovery
- Performed in a single office visit
- Many can resume a normal diet and activity on the same day
- Most patients report improvement in symptoms
- Patients often report improved quality of life
Speak With Dr. Volpi For Balloon Sinuplasty In NYC!
If you are suffering from sinus-related health problems, such as sleep apnea, and believe you may benefit from balloon sinuplasty, the first step is to consult with a sleep health expert. Ear, nose, and throat specialists at eos sleep have extensive experience in treating sleep apnea with minimally invasive procedures. Call 212.873.6036 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment or to learn more about eos sleep treatment options. Dr. David O . Volpi and his talented staff look forward to serving you!