Balloon Sinuplasty for Sleep Apnea in New York City
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally-invasive sleep apnea and snoring procedure that opens blocked sinus cavities and relieves the pain and pressure associated with chronic sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus lining). This in-office procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes and can be performed using local anesthesia.
Why is balloon sinuplasty performed?
Balloon sinuplasty surgery is performed by ear, nose, and throat specialists with eos sleep in order to treat:
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Sinus-related snoring
- Sinus-related sleep apnea
What does balloon sinuplasty involve?
During the balloon sinuplasty procedure, skilled ENT doctors with eos sleep open the blocked sinus cavities using the following steps:
- Guide a wire catheter and a small, flexible balloon into the inflamed sinus
- Slowly inflate the balloon to expand the sinus opening
- Spray saline into the affected area to flush out trapped mucus and pus
- Remove the system, leaving the nasal passage open and restoring normal sinus drainage
The balloon sinuplasty procedure does not use any cutting and preserves the original anatomy and mucosal tissue making recovery time minimal. Patients can expect to return to normal activities shortly after the procedure.
What are the benefits of balloon sinuplasty?
Benefits of undergoing balloon sinuplasty surgery include:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Local anesthetic used to manage discomfort
- Safe, gentle and highly effective
- Continued relief from nasal airway obstruction
- No bone or tissue removed, in contrast with traditional sinus surgery
- Fast and easy recovery
- Performed in a single office visit
- Many can resume normal diet and activity the same day
- Most patients report improvement in symptoms
- Patients often report improved quality of life
If you are suffering from sinus-related health problems, such as sleep apnea, and believe you may benefit from balloon sinuplasty, the first step is to consult with a sleep health expert. Ear, nose, and throat specialists at eos sleep have extensive experience in treating sleep apnea with minimally invasive procedures. Call 1-212-873-6036 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment or to learn more about eos sleep treatment options.