Palate Coblation for Sleep Apnea & Snoring
What is palate Coblation®?
Palate Coblation® is a minimally-invasive procedure that uses radio frequency energy to stiffen the soft palate and provide relief from symptoms of snoring and sleep apnea. This in-office procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes and is performed using local anesthesia.
Why is palate Coblation® performed?
Palate Coblation® is used to treat the following breathing and snoring problems:
- Lessen the Intensity of snoring
- Decrease loudness of snoring
- Correct mild to moderate sleep apnea
- Minimize soft palate vibrations, which causes blockages and snoring
What does palate Coblation® treatment involve?
Coblation® devices use radio frequency technology operating at a low temperature to form channels in the tissue of the soft palate. The body’s natural response is to form scar tissue in these channels, which stiffens the soft palate in the following weeks and reduces vibrations and snoring intensity.
What are the benefits of palate Coblation®?
The benefits of treating sinus-related health problems with palate Coblation® include:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Highly effective with little discomfort
- Performed in a single office visit
- Local anesthetic used to keep patient comfortable throughout procedure
- Fast and easy recovery
- Most can resume normal diet and activity the same day
- Many patients experience a significant reduction in snoring within 6 weeks
- Typically offers years of relief from disruptive snoring
If you or a bed partner are suffering from snoring and believe palate Coblation® may help, the first step is to consult with an ear, nose, and throat expert. Specialists at eos sleep have extensive experience in treating mild to severe snoring. Our practice offers a wide variety of minimally invasive treatment options, customized to fit your personal needs. Call 1-212-873-6036 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment or to learn more about eos sleep treatment options.