What is Laser Tonsil Ablation?
Laser-assisted tonsil ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that reduces the size of the tonsils using laser technology instead of surgery. The treatment opens up the airway and provides relief from symptoms of snoring and sleep apnea. A laser-assisted tonsil ablation is an in-office procedure that usually takes less than 30 minutes and performed using local anesthesia.
What Conditions Can Laser Tonsil Ablation Treat?
Laser-assisted tonsil ablation is used to treat the following conditions:
- Chronically infected tonsils
- Tonsil stones
- Enlarged tonsils
- Sleep apnea caused by enlarged tonsils
What Does Laser Tonsil Ablation Involve?
Using laser technology, the tonsils are targeted to vaporize their outer surfaces. The treatment reduces the size of the tonsils and eliminates any infections that may be present. The precision and control afforded by the state-of-the-art laser technology minimize damage to surrounding tissue and result in faster recovery.
Benefits of Laser Tonsil Ablation
Some benefits of undergoing laser tonsil ablation at eos sleep include
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Little or no discomfort during procedure (local anesthetic used)
- Provides results without invasive tonsil removal surgery (tonsillectomy)
- Fast and easy recovery
- Most patients can resume normal diet within one day
- Reduces snoring intensity
- Controls sleep apnea
- Reduction in size of tonsils
- Noticeably increases airway size
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are suffering from snoring or sleep apnea and believe you may benefit from laser tonsil ablation, the first step is to consult with an ear, nose, and throat expert. Specialists at eos sleep have extensive experience in laser tonsil ablation. Call 212.873.6036 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment or to learn more about eos sleep treatment options.