What is the Pillar® Procedure?
The Pillar Procedure is a minimally-invasive sleep apnea and snoring procedure that stiffens the soft palate through the insertion of small implants and provides relief from symptoms of snoring and sleep apnea. This in-office procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes and is performed using local anesthesia.
Why is the Pillar® Procedure performed?
The Pillar® Procedure is used by experts in sleep medicine at eos sleep to treat:
- Intensity and loudness of snoring due to soft palate vibrations
- Mild to moderate sleep apnea
What does the procedure involve?
During the Pillar® Procedure, a doctor places small woven implants into the soft palate using a special tool. Over time, these implants stiffen the palate, providing structural support and reducing the tissue vibrations that cause snoring. The implants also help eliminate the tissue collapse that obstructs the upper airway and causes sleep apnea.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Little or no discomfort during procedure
- Performed in a single office visit
- Local anesthetic used to minimize discomfort
- No removal or destruction of tissue
- Fast and easy recovery
- Resume normal diet and activity the same day
- Most patients experience a significant decrease in snoring intensity within weeks
- Improved sleep apnea symptoms in majority of patients
- Relief from snoring and symptoms of sleep apnea
If you are suffering from snoring or sleep apnea and believe you may benefit from the Pillar® Procedure, the first step is to consult with a sleep health expert. Ear, nose, and throat specialists at eos sleep have extensive experience in treating sleep apnea with minimally invasive procedures, including the Pillar® Procedure. Call 1-212-873-6036 today or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment or to learn more about eos sleep treatment options.